March 31st is the deadline to apply for the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan.
All fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences are included under this program. The duration of the fellowships is 12 to 24 months.
Proposals have to be submitted to Estonian Research Council (ETAG), who will conduct a scientific evaluation to select a candidate and nominate them to JSPS. Approximately three months after the nomination, JSPS sends out a notice of selection decision.
- Maintenance Allowance ¥362,000 per month (ca 2700 €)
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000 (ca 1700 €)
- A round-trip air ticket
- Overseas travel insurance
- A Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellow) is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the host researcher through his/her institution.
Candidates must start their Fellowship in Japan during the period of April 2020 – November 2020.
Materials to be submitted:
- FY2020 Application Form for JSPS. The application form is to be written by the candidate (not digitally signed by Estonian ID card).
- Letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s prospective host researcher in Japan.
- Letter of recommendation signed by the candidate’s doctoral supervisor (etc.).
- A copy of the candidate’s Ph.D. degree diploma.
- All documents must be in either English or Japanese. When the original document is in another language, please be sure to attach an English translation
Submission of application:
Applicant must submit the documents to email@example.com.
Katrin Saar, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +372 731 7386