The Horizon Europe partnership Sustainable Blue Economy (SBEP) opens the first joint transnational call on 13 February on the topic: „The way forward: a thriving sustainable blue economy for a brighter future“. The first SBEP Co-funded call pools national and regional financial resources from 23 countries and the total estimated budget is about 50 Million Euros.
Estonian participants are financed by ETAG in the amount of 100,000 euros (standard project partner) or 150,000 euros (coordinator), and the Ministry of Rural Affairs and the Ministry of the Environment each 100,000 euros per project.
Estonian participants can choose between three subtopics:
(3) Climate-neutral, environmentally sustainable, and resource-efficient blue food and feed
(4) Green transition of Blue Food production
(5) Ocean Digital Twin (ODT) test use cases at EU sea-basins and the Atlantic Ocean
In the first two subtopics, Estonian applicants can participate only with their own funding:
(1) Planning and managing sea-uses at the regional level
(2) Development of offshore marine multi-use infrastructures to support the blue economy
- Pre-proposal submission deadline 14 April 2023
- Full proposal submission deadline 13 September 2023
More detailed conditions and documents will be published on 13 February, when the call opens.
To find a suitable partner or project consortium, applicants can use the SBEP partner search tool: https://proposals.etag.ee/sustainable-blue/2023/partner-search
More information at Estonian Research Council: