JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan 2024 year call is now open for applications until 1 April 2024.
All fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences are included under this program. The duration of the fellowships is 12 to 24 months.
Proposals have to be submitted to Estonian Research Council (ETAG), who will conduct a scientific evaluation to select a candidate and nominate them to JSPS. Approximately three months after the nomination, JSPS sends out a notice of selection decision.
Persons are eligible to apply who satisfy the following two conditions as of April 2024 and during the fellowship period.
- Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Have obtained their doctoral degree within six years of the date the fellowship goes into effect (on or after 2 April 2018). Whether or not the candidate is employed in a full-time position is not considered.
- Maintenance Allowance ¥362,000 per month (ca 2300€).
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000 (ca 1300€).
- A round-trip air ticket.
- Overseas travel insurance.
- A Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellow) is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the host researcher through his/her institution.
Materials to be submitted
- Application Form for JSPS. The application form must be signed by the candidate using a signature image (digital signature will not be accepted).
- Letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s prospective host researcher in Japan.
- Letter of recommendation signed by the candidate’s supervisor (etc.).
- A copy of the candidate’s Ph.D. degree diploma.
- Additional relevant documents if neccesary
- The application Form must be in PDF format (scanned image files will not be accepted)
- All documents must be in either English or Japanese. When the original document is in another language, please be sure to attach an English translation.
Applicant must submit the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and the deadline for submitting application is 1 April 2024.