The Board of the Estonian Research Council is the highest supervisory body which plans the activities of the Research Council, organises its management and carries out supervision. Members of the Board are appointed and removed by the minister for education and research. Their term of office lasts five years.
- Renno Veinthal – Deputy Secretary General for Research and Development, Higher and Vocational Education Policy at the Ministry of Education and Research (chairman of the board)
- Tea Danilov – Head of the Foresight Centre
- Sirli Heinsoo – Director of the Department of Innovation And Smart Economy at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
- Jakob Kübarsepp – Professor at the Tallinn University of Technology, Member of the Estonian Academy of Sciences
- Agu Leinfeld – founder and management board member at ValueSpace OÜ
- Tuuli Levandi – Adviser of Strategy Unit at the Ministry of Finance
- Toivo Maimets – Professor at the University of Tartu