The Estonian Research Council contributes to the development of research and development activities through cooperation on several levels. On the one hand, we bring together national and foreign research networks and promote the mobility of researchers. On the other hand, we support a closer connection between science and society by encouraging cooperation between the state, local governments, the third sector, business and educational institutions.
- We act as the National Contact Point organisation for EU Framework programmes. We provide counseling of Framework Programme Horizon Europe (searching for suitable application rounds, topics and partners, assisting with technical questions and advising on the preparation of applications).
- We coordinate Estonian participation in the COSTnetwork and counseling of mobile researchers through the EURAXESS network.
- We are responsible for coordination of ERA-NET and partnerships, as well as other international bi- and multinational cooperation programmes (EEA Baltic Research Programme, NordForsk, PARROT French-Estonian science and technology cooperation programme, Taiwan and Estonia cooperation programme, JSPS (Japanese Society for Promotion of Science) Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan)
- We provide Project preparation assistance to recognize and stimulate in Estonia the quality of the projects H2020, Horizon Europe and COST to apply for funding, and to promote cooperation between the three Baltic States
- We participate in the work of the Science Europe network and mediate information between Brussels institutions and Estonia through the ETAG Brussels office.
- We orginise national and international information days, seminars, trainings and conferences (events on ETAG webpage.
- We dissiminate information to potential target groups (subscribing for ETAG newsletter (many news translated into English), news and events on ETAG webpage).