- This event has passed.
Academic links between Estonia and Japan – the 20th anniversary of cooperation between ETAG and JSPS
May 18, 10:30 - 16:00
The Estonian Recearch Council (ETAG) together with the Japanese Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) Stockholm office and the Embassy of Japan organised a joint seminar on 18 May at 10:30–16:00 at the premises of Tallinn University to celebrate the 20th anniversary of cooperation.
The aim of the joint seminar was to share the experiences of the grantees, to give an overview of Japan-related cooperation and to introduce the activities of the JSPS Stockholm Office. Prof. Hiromi Komori from Waseda University in Japan presented her research done on Estonia.
More information about JSPS postdoctoral fellowship for research in Japan: https://www.etag.ee/en/cooperation/bilateral-cooperation/jsps/
• Towards richer academic links between Estonia and Japan (Prof. Kazuyuki Kuroda, Director of JSPS Stockholm Office)
• Overview of 20 y of cooperation between ETAG and JSPS (Katrin Saar, adviser at ETAG)
• A view on the past, present, and future of “small states” studies (Prof. Hiromi Komori, Waseda University)
• The research of developmental biology in Estonia and beyond (Prof. Osamu Shimmi, University of Tartu)
• Impact of the JSPS postdoctoral fellowship on research (Assoc. Prof. Erkki Karo, Tallinn University of Technology, JSPS postdoctoral fellow 2015)
• Research cooperation in Japanese Studies at Tallinn University (Dr. Alari Allik, Assoc. Prof. of Japanese Studies at Tallinn University)
• Cooperation with Japan at the University of Tartu: achievements and future perspectives (Dr. Elo Süld, Head of University of Tartu Asia Centre)
• Between Hiroshima and Sapporo: success in research despite the pandemic (Dr. Uku Tooming, University of Tartu, JSPS postdoctoral fellow 2019)
More information at Estonian Research Council:
Katrin Saar (seminar content) email@example.com, +372 5333 5625
Darja Matt (registration and technical aspects) firstname.lastname@example.org, +372 5692 4211