Contact at Estonian Research Council
Phone: +372 731 7386
2023 call for JSPS International Fellowships for Research in Japan Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan was open until 6 March 2023. New call will be announced in autumn 2023.
All fields of the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences are included under this program. The duration of the fellowships is 12 to 24 months.
Proposals have to be submitted to Estonian Research Council (ETAG), who will conduct a scientific evaluation to select a candidate and nominate them to JSPS. Approximately three months after the nomination, JSPS sends out a notice of selection decision.
- Maintenance Allowance ¥362,000 per month (ca 2700 €)
- A settling-in allowance of ¥200,000 (ca 1700 €)
- A round-trip air ticket
- Overseas travel insurance
- A Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellow) is available to cover cooperative research-related expenses. Application for these grants is made by the host researcher through his/her institution.
Candidates must start their Fellowship in Japan during the period of April 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023.
Materials to be submitted:
- Application Form for JSPS. The application form must be signed by the candidate using a signature image (digital signature will not be accepted).
- Letter of acceptance/invitation from the candidate’s prospective host researcher in Japan.
- Letter of recommendation signed by the candidate’s doctoral supervisor (etc.).
- A copy of the candidate’s Ph.D. degree diploma.
- Additional relevant documents if neccesary
- The application Form must be in PDF format (scanned image files will not be accepted)
- All documents must be in either English or Japanese. When the original document is in another language, please be sure to attach an English translation.
Submission of application:
Applicant must submit the documents to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting application is 6 March 2023.